With November slowly going along, the cold weather has made us crave for a good soup. Well, we found the easiest soup that you can make (drumroll) in the BLENDER!
Here is what you will need:
– 2 onions
– 1 anise bulb
– 8 celery stem
– 1 tsp oregano powder
– 1 tsp mustard seeds
– 4 cup spinach leaves
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1 tbs olive oil
– 4 cups water
– salt to taste
Here is what you will do:
0) Preheat a large sauce pan on medium heat.
1) Cut all your vegetables into chunks, except for the spinach and garlic.
2) Put olive oil into a large sauce pan and saute your onions until they get a bit soft.
3) Add your anise and celery and stir until the anise is softer.
4) Add the water (enough to cover your vegetable, don’t put too much or your soup will be very runny), the oregano and mustard seeds.
5) Move to high heat and wait for your mix to boil. Once boiling, turn down the heat and let simmer for a few minutes. You want your vegetables to be soft, but not mushy.
6) Pour (be cautious, this is very hot!) your soup into your blender, adding the spinach and garlic. We poured the “soup” than a handful of spinach alternatively to make sure our blender would be okay.
7) Add salt.
8) Blend until smooth.
This is really super easy! The anise gives it a really refreshing flavour which makes this an awesome lunch to pack. In fact, I ate this cold as a snack and it really tasted nice.
Hope you try it out! Tell us what you think!