So, this soups is actually an accident…. At first, it was a squash and kale saute that we ate with rice noodles and peanut sauce. She thought it was really good, him, not so much. We were left with three mason jars full of the saute that he would not touch. That is how this soup was born!
Here is what you need:
– 2 yellow onions
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1 bunch of kale
– 1 butternut squash
– 1 piece of ginger (1 inch long)
– Boiling water
– 1 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 tbsp olive oil
Here is whate you need to do:
1) Cut the onions, garlic, kale and squash into cubes.
2) Saute de onions and garlic in the olive oil in a large sauce pan until slightly brown.
3) Add the squash and the kale ans stir.
4) Let sit covered on medium heat untill the squash is tender. It took us around an hour.
5) Put the vegetables into your blender. Add 1 1/2 cup of boiling water.
6) Cut the ginger into little pieces and add it to the blender.
7) Add the soy sauce and blend away.
8) Adjust the amount of water and ginger to fit your taste.
This soup is very warming because of the ginger. The Squash gives it a nice sweet taste. It is very easy to make, and I have to admit, way better than my stir fry idea. It is great cold too, so you can easily bring it for lunch.
Give it a try and tell us what you think!