For the last few months, we have been making these smoothies every morning, and we love them! I find that this recipe is really filling: I usually drink this around 7:30 and can stay put until 11:30 for lunch. What else can you ask for. So that the nuts and goji berries are easier to blend, we put everything in our precious Magic Bullet cups at night and mix them in the morning before leaving.
Here is what you will need:
– 1/2 cup chopped kale or spinach
– 1/2 cup frozen strawberries/raspberries/mangoes or any other fruit
– 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
– 1 tbs chia seeds
– 1 tbs goji berries
– 1 tbs mulberries
– 3 brazil nuts
– 10 cashew nuts or almonds
– 1 tsp turmeric powder (optional, but it’s great for you, so give it a try!)
– 1 tsp cocoa powder (optional, but adds a nice kick)
– 1 tsp matcha powder (optional, try the cocoa or the matcha powder… I think both would be too much)
– 1 1/2 cup soy or almond milk of your choice
Here is what you need to do:
– Put everything in the cup or blender.
– Put the chia seeds last so that they don’t stick to the bottom.
– Shake- shake- shake!
– Put everything in the fridge and mix up in the morning.
This is really good! We sometimes add buckwheat groats for extra energy. This is a really nice smoothie full of nutrients , antioxidants and energy to cup you running until lunch.
Try it out and tell us what you think!