For the last couple of weeks, our house has been invaded with zucchinis! We had to find different ways to incorporate them without turning everything green. Here is a quick, easy and yummy recipe for those you are chocolate lovers!
Here is what you will need for 12 muffins:
– 1/2 cup coconut oil
– 1/2 cup chocolate chips
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1/4 cup of each flour: coconut, brown rice, chickpea, corn (you want 1 cup in total)
– 2 tbsp cocoa powder
– 4 tbsp flax seeds
– 8 tbsp warm water
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp vanilla extra
– 1 cup shredded zucchini
Here is what you will do:
– Preheat the oven to 350F.
– Line a muffin pan.
– Mix the flax seeds with the water.
– On a double boiler, melt the chocolate with the coconut oil. Put aside.
– In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
– Add the flax seeds mixture and the vanilla extract and mix.
– Add the shredded zucchini and mix.
– Add the chocolate mixture and mix until well combined.
* If you fell that the mix is too thick, you can add a bit of soy milk.
– Put around 2 tbsp of the mix into the muffin tins.
– Bake for 20 minutes. A toothpick should come out of the muffin clear.
I served this with a berry sauce. I basically put some frozen berries into a magic bullet cup with a bit of maple syrup and waited for them to be soft. I then blended them.
This is a super yummy brownie-like muffin. You can keep them up to a week in a sealed box in the fridge… but they won’t last that long!
And because videos are awesome, check the one I made for this recipe: