Another week, another delicata squash recipe! This is one of my very own completely invented recipes. This all happened last February when I realized that I still had two perfectly good delicata squashes that I had bought in September. Isn’t that amazing! They stayed perfect and cute looking for 6 months! I didn’t to push my luck though so here what I came up with.
Here is what you will need:
- 2 delicata squashes
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts (soaked or not)
- Plant based milk (about a cup, but the amount might vary according to your standards of creaminess)
- 2-3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
Here is what you need to do:
- Preheat your oven to 350F or 180C.
- Peel and empty the squashes and cut them in chunks.
- Peel and remove the foot from the cloves of garlic.
- Put the squash and garlic in a line baking dish with a little bit of olive oil (or water), salt and pepper and let cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- In your food processor or blender, put the cooked squash and garlic and keep the baking dish on hand.
- Process the squash and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Leave the machine do its thing until everything is creamy and smooth and perfect.
- In your oven dish, place your noodles or zoodles or courgetti and pour half of the sauce on top. Add a little bit of cayenne pepper.
- Put this back in the oven for 10 minutes to let the zoodles get tender and for the sauce to really mix and flavour the noodles.
- Before you serve, add the rest of the sauce and mix until well coated. Sprinkle a little bit of cayenne pepper to make it pretty and exciting. Enjoy!
I really hope you try this recipe out and tell me what you think! This is so yummy, comforting and perfect for the cold weather. Let me know what is your favourite thing to cook with delicata squashes or any squash. Remember to have fun!
One thought on “Delicata Squash Spaguetti sauce”