This is a recipe to try when all you can do is put ingredients into a pot and sit cross-legged in your kitchen to wait.
There is really nothing much to do, and the result is a creamy, smooth, and satisfying soup.
Here is what you need:
- 2 heads of broccoli (I usually buy them without the stem because it’s cheaper, but feel free to use the stem too)
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 cube of vegetable stock
Here is what you do:
- With your fingers (or a knife if you feel that way), separate the broccoli florets into your pot.
- Add water until you reach 3/4 of the height of the broccoli, and add the rest of the ingredients. Your broccoli should be almost covered in liquid.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a medium and let simmer until the broccoli is tender. Give everything a stir.
- Remove from the stove and blend using a magic wand mixer until everything is smooth.
That’s all there is to it!
I have been enjoying this soup a lot lately, and don’t seem to get tired of it. It is creamy, but not heavy: go plant milk!
A great add-on to this are hemp seeds, sprouts or micro-greens to garnish.
This is so easy, you have no excuse not to try it out! Let me know what you think of it when you do!