This dish was the one I was responsible for, and, as usual, I made a ton of it. We ended up eating this for lunch for a week and sharing some with my parents. Luckily for us, it was really good!
Here is what you need:
- 1 head of broccoli
- 4 carrots
- a bunch of yellow or green beans
- 4-5 potatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp of ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
Here is what you do:
- Chop the broccoli, carrots, beans and potatoes to bite-size pieces.
- In a large saucepan, add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add the vegetables and bring down to medium heat. Let simmer until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the coconut milk and salt, and stir. Let simmer gently.
- In a small sauce pan, add the oil on low heat. Add the minced garlic and stir well until it begins to brown. Add the the coriander and turmeric and mix well.
- Add the spice mix to the vegetables and give it a quick stir.
As you can see this recipe is very easy and can be adapted to fit what vegetables are available in your kitchen. The coconut milk adds so much richness and creaminess to the mix and goes perfectly well with the potatoes.
Don’t skip the different sauce pan for the spices as this really gives out a strong and clear flavour to the entire dish. If you were to just dump the spices into the mix, the taste would be milder, but really, that would be a shame!
Let me know if you try this out!