I have to admit, I only had tiramisu once before going vegan. For some reason, however, I was craving the smooth layers of chocolate cake and cream. So I made some chocolate cake, thick vegan cream, a rum-chocolate dipping liquid, and here you go!
Here is what you need for the cake:
- 120g gluten free flour
- 60g almond flour
- 50g oil
- 250g almond milk
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Dash of vanilla extract
Here is what you do:
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add the oil, milk and vanilla extract, and mix until smooth.
- Use a lined cake mold, and bake the cake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick put in the center comes out clean.
- Set aside.
For the cream, I used my coconut cream recipe, but skipped the Chai spices.
For the rum-chocolate syrup, mix 1/8 to 1/4 cup of rum with 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder, and 1 tsp of maple syrup. This is completely optional, but it adds a ton of flavour. You could also use a little bit of chocolate milk.
- Add one teaspoon of syrup at the bottom of your jar or container.
- Place a layer of chocolate cake, add a little bit of syrup, and cover with some cream. Repeat until your container is full and finish with a layer of cream.
- Sprinkle a little bit cocoa powder on top and serve!
This dessert is best eaten fresh because if you put it in the fridge overnight, it will be thicker and less creamy. Still, this is great! It is full of chocolate flavour!
Let me know what you think, and if you try it out!
16 thoughts on “Vegan Chocolate Tiramisu”
looks amazing! wow.. gonna have to truths one for sure.
Let me know how it turns out! 😀
These look great! I wouldn’t have thought of this as a vegan dish but I bet those flavors together are awesome!
Thank you! 🙂
This looks great!
Looks amazing, but I would want to replace the oil with something…….
You could sub oil for apple sauce 🙂
The hubby raised the question the other day if I ever would make him a tiramisu ever again. Guess I will 🙂
Yes! Let me know how it turns out and if hubby likes it! 🙂
Mmmm delicious! Although I have to say I loveeee come coffee so I might try soaking the cake in espresso and masala – a little caffe correto
Go for it! Let me know how it turns out 🙂
Hi, just wondering, No sweetener at all but the syrup for the cake? Thks
yes that’s right 🙂
These look amazing 😋
Thank you! 🙂