I love purple sweet potatoes! I also really like nori sheets, so why not combine the two? Add a few little things, and BAM! You have a nice, filling, fresh, and colourful meal that you can customize to your liking (or to your fridge’s content)!
Here is what you need for each roll:
- 1 Nori sheet (I get my Nori sheets here because it is a lot less expensive than what I find locally)
- 1/2 cup cooked mashed sweet potato (I used purple, but you can go with orange if you like)
- 1/4 avocado in strips or mashed
- 1/3 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1/3 cup flat parsley leaves
- 1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
Here is what you do:
- With your fingers or a wet spoon, spread the mashed potato on the nori sheet.
- Sprinkle with some sesame seeds
- Add the avocado, carrots, parsley and sprouts.
- Using your fingers, lift one side of the nori sheet while holding the fillings in and roll it up! You can use a little bit of water to glue the end of the paper. Press gently on the roll to help it stay in place (sushi roll style).
- Cut in half to serve.
Since these rolls are pretty big and the mash I used was cold, I didn’t feel the need to use a rolling mat. The rolls were easy to make and so delicious! They are also very quick if you prepare the ingredients ahead of time. We ate this with some tamari sauce mixed with a little sriracha sauce, and it was amazingly good! I think tomato slices, cilantro, cucumber and kale could also make a great roll!
Let me know if you try it out and how you like it!