I don’t have any story to tell you about this recipe. I just love pecans and maple syrup together! These two ingredients are the perfect combination, and it’s even better when you add some ginger to the mix! This recipe takes 20 minutes to prepare, is delicious, and makes for a great ‘mason jar’ gift.
Here is what you need:
- 4 cups pecans
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 8 pieces of candied ginger, cut into small pieces
Here is what you do:
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix all your ingredients and spread in a single layer on a lined cookie sheet.
- Place in your oven and mix every 5 minutes. The overall cooking time for these are 20 minutes. You know they are ready when all the maple syrup is really thick (almost caramel like), and your pecans are slightly brown.
- Place the pecans in your fridge for 30 minutes until they are completely cooled. Placing them in the fridge makes them crispier.
- Once cooled, keep the pecans in an air-tight container.
This makes for a great snack or nice cream and salad topping. It is crispy, sweet, full of maple flavour and so easy to put together! The ginger pieces also add a little bit of heat and balance the maple nicely.
Let me know if you try this out!