Avocados. Nothing else needs to be said! This is how I prepare guacamole on nights when I cannot be bothered to take out my chopping board. Tasty, quick, done, move along!
Here is what you need:
- 1 ripe avocado
- the juice of 1/2 citrus of your choice (I usually go for lemon or lime, but I only had blood orange on hand. It worked really well!)
- 1 tsp pesto (I used my kale-parsley pesto. This stuff can really go in everything!)
- sesame seeds
- crushed nori flakes (I put a few nori sheets in my food processor and make a powder that I keep in my pantry, but you can also cut a nori sheet with scissors)
- 1 cup of halved cherry tomatoes
- pinch of hot pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
Here is what you do:
- With a fork, mash the avocado flesh with the citrus juice, pesto, sesame seeds, nori flakes, hot pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Serve with the cherry tomatoes and some crackers. Here I used beetroot crackers.
This takes seconds to prepare, while still being fresh and delicious. Look at all the colors and textures! Yum! It’s also fun to serve the cherry tomatoes on top because you can scoop some guacamole and a tomato for each bite. Let me know if you try it out!