I’m not a big fan of alcohol, and so my cocktail culture is very tiny. However, a few weeks ago I went for drinks with colleagues and discovered Pimm’s cups. Wow! So light and refreshing: they are clearly a perfect summer drink. Since spring is finally here, it is totally okay to kick-start the season with a nice drink, right? Plus it’s British, so why not?
Here is what you need for each drink:
- 1/4 cup Pimm’s No. 1
- 1 cup 7-Up or ginger ale
- ice (I didn’t have any, so I used frozen cranberries instead: worked out well!)
- a few slices of cucumber
- a few mint leaves
- a few berries (I used blackberries, but strawberries or raspberries also work well)
- a slice of lime, lemon or orange
Here is what you do:
- Fill your glass with ice. Add the cucumber, mint, berries and lime slice.
- Mix in the Pimm’s and 7-Up. Give a quick stir and enjoy!
This is a great drink if you are looking for something fresh and customizable with what you have on hand. Pimm’s has a great herbal flavour which makes this drink perfect for a warm day. Be careful though, there is gin here: this might turn your head a little! Let me know how you like to prepare your Pimm’s cups, or what’s your favourite drink!
3 thoughts on “Cocktail Time: Pimm’s Cup!”
Ooooh, I’ve always wanted to try Pimm’s Cup! They seem so easy to make too.
Yes! Super easy, but so delicious! 🙂