I hate waking up early. It really is the worst thing in my day. However, because of work I usually have to wake up pretty early, and I don’t have much time for confusion. Here are five tips to make your mornings easier, even if you only have a few minutes to check out of zombie mode.
- Prepare the night before: This includes packing your lunch, preparing your breakfast, setting out your clothes and putting all the necessary things in your bag. I usually make sure that everything is organized before I go to bed because my brain is more functional than in the morning. This ensures that important items will come with me to work and that I won’t have any silly ‘I don’t have anything to wear/eat” moments.
- Keep some water on your bedside table: I usually keep some herbal tea or water next to my bed. I find that drinking when I hear my alarm helps wake me up, and makes me feel refreshed and less groggy.
- Add some movements to your morning: I wake up 30 minutes earlier so that I can cram in a Yoga with Adriene video. This is such a nice way to start the day! It really wakes up my body and puts me into a good mood right from the start of the day. It also ensures that no mater what happens afterwards, I will have had at least 30 minutes of movement and time for myself. On really busy days, even just a few stretches before rushing out help however.
- Have something warm next to your bed: I keep a throw blanket or robe next to my bed because it is absolutely to worst thing to have to snuggle your way out of a warm bed to meet an ice-cold apartment. But, if you have a nice comfy robe waiting for you, it seems a lot less scary.
- Sleep early: This is kind of a “duh” tip, but I really feel like this is a crucial habit to nurture. Even if it is only 20 minutes more than usual, I find that going to bed earlier just makes me a better person (I don’t snap as much, I laugh more, and I’m happier). So, put that cellphone aside, and go to bed!
I really hope these tips will help some of you. I have been super tired these few weeks because I’ve been recovering from a monstrous cold and it’s the end of the year. I don’t think any of my highschoolers is as excited as me for the end of the year! That being said, I’m off to catch some Z’s.