For part two of my pie adventure, I made a shiny and smooth chocolate ganache that I covered with fresh raspberries and pear sauce. Perfect balance of sweetness, bitterness and tartness: this tart is a real treat!
Here is what you need:
- 1 pie crust
- 250g dark chocolate chips (check to make sure they are vegan)
- 25 ml (1 cup) of almond milk
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 2 cups raspberry
- 1 very ripe pear
Here is what you do:
- In a small sauce pan, heat the milk on medium heat.
- In a small bowl, place your corn starch. Once warm, take a few tablespoons of milk and dilute the corn starch.
- Remove the milk from the heat, and whisk in the corn starch mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Place the chocolate chips in a large bowl and pour over the warm milk. Mix quickly with a wooden spoon until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour the chocolate ganache in your pie crust. Garnish with fresh raspberries.
- If you want to add a touch of sweetness to your tart, peel a very ripe pear and place the flesh in your blender. Blend until you obtain a nice sauce that you can pour over your tart.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!
This tart is pure pleasure! Sweet, sour, smooth and crumbly; there is something for everyone! Using dark chocolate will ensure that your tart is not too sweet.
This would also be very cute if prepared in individual tartelettes. Yum! Let me know if you try it out!
11 thoughts on “Chocolate- Raspberry Tart”
[ Smiles ] Wow! Another heavenly vegan dessert!
[ Smiles ] You are welcome!
Beautiful! I want to make this. Do you think it would work with coconut milk?
I think it would work perfectly with coconut milk! You must give it a try and let me know how it turns out 🙂
I will . . . going to be traveling for about a week, but when I get home and it’s cool enough to turn on the oven I will definitely give it a go.
Let me know how it turns out and have a safe trip 🙂
Sounds like a fab combination …. the pies continue 🙂 …and that crust still looks beautiful…. now who’s jealous 🙂 … me….