In the summer, there’s nothing better than a fresh melon, cut in half, that you eat by the spoonful… except perhaps if you make a sorbet out of it! This is super simple, quick, easy and so refreshing!
Here is what you need:
- 1 melon, cut in small pieces, about 6-8 cups (I used a cantaloupe)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- juice of 1/2 lemon
Here is what you do:
- In you food processor or blender, process the melon until completely smooth.
- Strain the melon and add the maple syrup and lemond juice. Mix to combine.
- Place in the fridge to cool for at least 2 hours.
- Place in your ice cream maker and churn according to your machine’s instruction for about 30 minutes. Place in an air-tight container in the freezer for a few hours to settle completely. Enjoy!
This is the perfect sorbet for a hot summer day: it is light, fluffy and just sweet enough. The melon flavour is what you will taste first, and then the maple syrup will jump in. You will have the best texture if you eat it after freezing it for a couple hours after churning. It truly is delicious! Let me know if you try this out!