This is the perfect recipe if you want something simple and delicious for dinner, and for the next day. It’s perfect when just cooked, but it makes for a perfect lunch or picnic addition. You probably have all the ingredients already in your kitchen, so it’s perfect if you don’t know what to cook and are in a rush. It only takes minutes to put together, and it’s delicious!
Here is what you need:
- 4 cups pasta, I used gluten-free fusillis
- 4 carrots
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 bunch of kale
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 3 tbs nutritional yeast
- 3 tbs ketchup
- 2 tbs tamari sauce
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- a few pinches of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes
Here is what you do:
- Set the pasta to cook according to instructions.
- Wash and dry the zucchini and carrots. Peel the carrots skin if you like. With your potato peeler, peel up the carrots and zucchini into ribbons. Place in a large salad bowl.
- Wash and remove the stems for the kale. Bunch up the leaves and finely chop so that you have thin ribbons of kale leaves. Add to the vegetables. Pour the lemon juice over and mix well. Set aside.
- Once the pasta are cooked, drain and add to the vegetables.
- Add the sesame oil, nutritional yeast, ketchup, tamari sauce and pepper. Mix well until everything is coated in the sauce and well combined. Enjoy!
This is a great dish! I really like how the vegetables are barely cooked: the heat from the pasta will warm them up, but you still get all those great raw nutrients. It also makes for amazing textures. This is seriously delicious! Let me know if you try it out!