A few years ago, I went through a back injury that has gotten better, but still makes me feel like an old lady every time the temperatures are changing. To soothe the inflammation that is causing my pain, I like to add turmeric to my food. I put this everywhere! I love the colour, its mild flavour and potency. Tonight I wanted to try out turmeric milk, because I found some really fresh turmeric today. I have to say this is really relaxing, and as I’m drinking this while writing, I just feel like going to bed with a good book!
Here is what you need:
- 1 inch piece of turmeric or 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup of plant milk (I used almond)
- a dash of cinnamon
- a pinch of black pepper (optional)
- maple syrup to taste
Here is what you do:
- Place the milk in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- As the milk is heating up, wash and peel the turmeric piece and grate it in the milk.
- Add the cinnamon and stir. Once boiling, remove the milk from the stove.
- Pour the turmeric milk in your favourite mug and enjoy! You can strain it in if you like.
This is so relaxing! If you feel like you need a little push to go to unwind, I really suggest trying this out! This would also be perfect after an intense workout to relieve some of the inflammation, or anytime you feel like drinking an amazingly orange drink! Let me know if you try it out!