I love blogging about food because I get to really experiment and put some creativity in the kitchen… most days. Other days, I’m just running around getting organized, and I just don’t have time to cook something fancy. Today was one of those days where I knew I needed energy but didn’t have time to prep for a 3-course meal. I still didn’t want to compromise taste, even if I did not have any exciting ingredients in my fridge. One of those days!
Not to worry, I found some frozen udon noodles in my freezer and still had some silken tofu waiting around. Perfect! Let’s make a lazy, but delicious, bowl of udon noodles!
Here is what you need for one bowl:
- 1 pack of udon noodles (about 1 1/2 cup), or any other quick-to-cook noodles
- 1-2 tsp miso paste
- 150g silken tofu
- 2 tbs dried wakame seaweed
- pepper, ginger, sesame oil or sriracha to your taste
- 1 bowl of water
Here is what you do:
- Take out the bowl you are going to eat in and fill it up with water up to one inch of the rim. Place this water on the stove in a saucepan and heat up while you add the other ingredients.
- Add the noodles to the water.
- Cut your tofu into small cubes and add to the water.
- Add the wakame seaweed and the spices you want to use. Give a quick stir.
- Bring everything to a boil, and let simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and mix in your miso paste. Pour into your bowl and enjoy!
This is super simple, super filling and super quick to make. It’s packed with great umami flavour and delicious textures. It’s perfect for days where you just can’t. Anyways, rushing out now! Let me know if you try this out!
10 thoughts on “Lazy Udon Noodle Soup”
Udon is always comforting! Looks great!
oh my goodness, I definitely need to make this!
For your next lazy day 🙂
That’s a lot of wakame! Love it. Looks awesome!!
yeah, I went a little overboard, but it was delicious! 🙂
Haha that’s good because wakame is insanely healthy!
and so delicious! 🙂
Live those noodles
Me too! 🙂