Cauliflowers are in season! This means they are super cheap right now and so delicious! I really wanted to make a creamy curry sauce for a while now, but I have been waiting for cauliflower to get super fresh. Now is the time. This sauce is the creamiest I have made so far, while still being light and guilt-free. I really enjoyed adding some Indian spices: it made the dish stand out and more exciting!
Here is what you need:
- 1 cauliflower head, chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1 can (about 2 cups) coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
To serve: pasta of your choice (I used gluten-free fusillis)
Here is what you do:
- In a medium-sized pot, heat the coconut oil on medium heat. Add the spices and give a quick stir. Add the onion and stir until it is transluscent.
- Add the coconut milk and almond milk. Stir.
- Add the cauliflower and bring to a boil. Let simmer until the cauliflower is very tender. Remove from the heat.
- With a wand mixer, process until smooth. Taste and season to your liking.
- Pour on your pasta and mix well. Enjoy!
What I love about this pasta sauce is that it is extremely creamy and rich without being super heavy and full of fat. It has the most satisfying texture: smooth, thick and yummy! The coconut milk and the spices add a touch of happiness to the whole thing and really bring this to the next level. This is clearly the ultimate comfort food recipe, guilt-free! Let me know if you try it out!
6 thoughts on “Creamiest Curry Pasta Sauce”
Cool recipe! I found a purple cauliflower the other day and made a similar sauce…but it ended up a crazy lilac colour!
How fun! 🙂
This is a really interesting pasta sauce! I’m going to have to try it in the future.
It’s so delicious! 🙂
Cool recipe, sounds delicious!