This is a great recipe if you are in a rush in the morning and don’t want to bring a jar of oatmeal with you. You can prepare a batch of cookies ahead and just grab a few when you are ready to go. These little cookies are packed with rich flavours as well as delicious nutrients to keep you full until lunch. Plus, they are sugar-free, oil-free and gluten-free! And they are super simple to make!
Here is what you need:
- 1 1/2 cups raw hazelnuts
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free quick oats)
- 3 ripe pears
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
Here is what you do:
- In a frying pan, place the hazelnut and roast them on medium-high heat until they have a nice golden colour. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. Rub the hazelnut between your hands to remove the skins. Separate the nuts from their skins, which you can throw out.
- In your food processor, roughly grind 1/2 cup of hazelnut so that you still have big chunks. Place them in a large mixing bowl. Process the rest of the hazelnuts until you have a fine meal. Add to the mixing bowl.
- Process one cup of your quick oats into a fine flour and add this to the mixing bowl. Add the rest of the oats without processing them.
- Wash and peel the pears and remove their hearts and stems. Process them with the vanilla extract and lime juice until you have a smooth sauce. Add to the mixing bowl along with the hemp seeds.
- Mix everything together until you have a thick batter. Make balls with 1 tbs of batter at a time and set them on a lined cookie sheet. Lightly press them down to form your cookies. Place in an oven set at 350F and bake for 15 minutes. Take them out, turn them over and bake for an extra 5 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven, and place them on a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
I love how chunky and tender these cookies are. The hazelnut flavour is delicious, and the pears add a nice level of sweetness, without being too much. This is another recipe where your food processor is pretty much doing everything for you, which makes it super easy and fast to prepare. The hemp seeds add some protein which will help you feel full. By the way, if you want to win a bag of hemp hearts, check this out! Finally, these are incredibly delicious and perfect on the go! Let me know if you try them out!