We usually bring lunches to work, and I know it can seem daunting to prepare extra food for the next day. To avoid this, I usually make sure I cook two extra portions that we can enjoy the next day. This recipe is perfect for this. It’s so simple and easy to make, it’s perfect for busy weeknights or lazy Monday nights. Plus you can cook this ahead of time and have lunches ready to go!
Here is what you need:
- 4 cups dried pasta (I used gluten-free penne)
- 1 tsp peppercorn
- 2 laurel leaves
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 1 block smoked tofu (300g) ( If you can’t find smoked tofu in your area, you can marinate regular firm tofu with 1 tbs of tamari sauce and 1 tsp of liquid smoke overnight.)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 stalks green onions
- salt, pepper, and red chili pepper flakes, to taste
Here is what you do:
- Place 8 cups of water (or enough to cook your pasta) in a large stock pot. Add the laurel leaves, peppercorn and a few pinches of salt. Bring to a boil and cook the pasta according to direction.
- While the water is warming up, dice the zucchini and tofu is small cubes. Chop the green onions finely. In a saucepan, add the coconut oil and warm up on medium heat. Stir fry the zucchini, half the green onions, and tofu until golden.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in halves.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain and return them to their pot. Add the zucchini, tofu, green onions and tomatoes. Season and stir well. Enjoy!
I love this! It’s so fresh and simple. Perfect for busy days and great for lunch, this will keep you fueled up and satisfied. Let me know if you try it out!
6 thoughts on “Simple Pasta with Smoked Tofu, Perfect Lunch!”
pasta is one of my faves! looks so yummy
Very interesting recipe ☺
Yum! Sounds delicious! 😀