There comes a time when you do yoga when you realize that your yoga mat has different marks and grime stuck to it, no matter how clean and careful you are. This is what happened this morning. I took out my yoga mat, and realized that my footprints were visible. Ew! How disgusting! So I went in my bathroom and made myself a little cleaning spray. Super simple, effective and refreshing!
Here is what you need:
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 5 drops of tea trea essential oil
- 5 drops of lemon essential oil
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1 spray bottle (preferably glass)
- 1 small rag to clean
Here is what you do:
- Pour all the ingredients in your spray bottle. Close up and give a good shake.
- Spray on your yoga mat, working in sections, and whipe out with your rag.
- Let your yoga mat dry completely before rolling up.
- Enjoy a nice, clean and fresh mat!
This is so refreshing! It took off all the grime that had accumulated over time, and my mat is like new! I think I’ll get in a more regular weekly cleaning routine so that I can keep it longer and always have a fresh mat to practice on. By the way, this is also a great room freshener spray. If you remove the vinegar and lemon essential oil it also makes for a very relaxing spray. And if you don’t have these essential oils, look around and try different scents. I went with those because they have cleansing and antibacterial properties, but feel free to explore! It’s so much more fun! Let me know how you take care of your mat!
12 thoughts on “Yoga Mat Cleaning Spray”
Thanks for the recipe. Do you smell the vinegar at all?
No, the vinegar is masked by the essential oils 🙂
Great recipe!! I will try it. Thank you 🌸
Great idea! 🙂 I will have to try this myself.
Oh, this was just what I needed as our mat was starting to look all gross! Thank you! 🙂
My pleasure 🙂