It’s blueberry season over here, and they have been so good. I love that blueberries are so tasty and so beneficial for the digestive system. This cake is slightly tart, creamy and purely delicious! The hardest part is really just waiting for it to set overnight. It’s perfect for a family dinner or an end-of-summer picnic.
Here is what you need:
For the crust:
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Process the almonds in your food processor until they form a loose flour.
- Add the dates and the vanilla and process until the mix is smooth and starts to stick together. If you take a small handful of the mixture, it should stay together after it has been pressed.
- Spread the mixture at the bottom of a springform pan. Use a glass to even it out. Let sit in the fridge while you prepare the rest of the cake.
For the cheese layer:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashew nuts, soaked in water for at least 1 hour
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 to 4 tbsp maple syrup
- the juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a little almond milk, as needed
- Place all of the ingredients in your food processor and processor until you get a smooth cream. You might need to add a little bit of milk to help smooth everything.
- Pour over the crust and put the cake back in the fridge. Let sit for 15 minutes.
For the blueberry layer:
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- Process 1 1/2 cups of the blueberries in your food processor until completely smooth.
- Pour over the cheese layer and sprinkle the rest of the blueberries all of the cake.
- Place the cake back in the fridge overnight. Enjoy!
I really hope you try this recipe because it’s so delicious! I’m always amazed to see how thick the blueberry layer sets to be all naturally.
The cake is very refreshing and perfect to end a meal. Let me know if you try it out!
33 thoughts on “Blueberry Cheesecake – A raw vegan treat”
It looks delicious! The pictures are great!
Thanks! 😀 This is really good! I hope you’ll give it a try!
Oh man, this sounds like heaven….I would like one slice right now!
Hope you’ll make one to try it out! It’s such a simple cake to prepare, but such a big success everytime in my house 🙂
I will for sure! 🙂
Oohh! that looks so good 🙂 !
That’s funny, it’s blueberry season here too and we grow our own. This looks like heaven, and bonus points for being able to make it the day before 👌🏻 Bookmarking it 😊 Ps Did you have a good time in the UK?
Wow! I envy that you grow your own! They must be so good 🙂 Unfortunately, I’ve never been to the UK. I hope to go though 😀
I’m so sorry, I wrote that on the wrong blog! 🙄
AND it’s gluten-free, extra bonus points 👏🏻👊🏻
Sounds amazing! Could you just use already ground almond for the crust?
Thanks! I’m guessing groung almonds would work, but since they are a lot more expensive than regular almonds, I never tried it. You’ll have to experiment! 🙂
That looks so good!
Oh my this looks amazing! I’m going to have to try it!
Thank you! Let me know how it turns out! 😊
This looks sooo delicious! I’m going to try this out this weekend!
Thanks! How did it turn out? 🙂
This is perfect and even better it’s gluten free (I’m a celiac) Thanks so much for this as I’m a cheesecake lover 😍
Let me know if you try it out! 😀
This looks amazing definitely going to try this !!!
Thanks!!! Let me know how it turns out 😊
I may try this weekend. What do you think about using frozen blueberries
I don’t know if they’ll gel up nicely on top, but they could make a lovely sauce!! 😊 let me know how it turns out!
I’ve tried making a few raw desserts, similar style, but never this ‘cheesecake’ style. Looks delicious! Now I’m really hungry. LOL
Ahah! Thank you!!! It took me a while to adjust the recipe to make sure it worked… It has bcome a favourite in our home, so I really hope you’ll try it out! 🙂
ok, it’s on my to do list this weekend
i love blueberries this looks great!
This actually looks amazing! Can’t wait to try it out