I love chocolate. If I could, that’s the only thing that I would eat. This is why I’m always trying new chocolate recipes. Well, this one is perfect if you’re looking for a rich, cakey brownie. Seriously, it’s delicious and not too sweet, which makes it perfect for the dark chocolate lover of your life… oh, and they’re gluten-free too!
Here is what you need:
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup sorghum flour
- 1 tbs arrowroot starch
- 1 tbs potato starch
- 1/4 cup black bean flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbs unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 tbs chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup olive or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- 1 handful of chocolate chips
- 1 handful almonds
Here is what you do:
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Grease your brownie pan.
- Melt the 3 tbs of chocolate chips and mix in the apple sauce, and oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the different flours and starches, sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add in the liquid chocolate mix and vanilla, and mix well. Add in the warm water until you have a smooth batter.
- Fold in the remaining chocolate chips and almonds.
- Pour the batter into the brownie pan and bake for 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the brownie cool down for 30 minutes before cutting it. Store in an air-tight container. Enjoy!
This is glorious! I cut this up to make 16 brownie bites that are easy to take with me in case I might be craving chocolate. This is super simple to prepare and so delicious. You just have to try it out!
One thought on “Chocolate Overload, Cheat Day Brownies”
These look wonderful. Have bookmarked them for trying out!