I’ve been on a baking rampage these last few weeks: cakes and sweets are pretty much all I think about! I’ve been trying out a lot of recipes, tweaking them and coming up with my own. This week, I wanted to finally bake the perfect chocolate chip cookies. These are chewy, naturally sweetened and so easy to prepare.
Here is what you need:
- 6 pitted dates soaked in 1/3 cup warm water for 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbs tahini
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Here is what you do:
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In your blender or food processor, mix the dates with their soaking water until you have a smooth paste. Transfer to a bowl.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients until you have a smooth paste.
- With wet hands, make 6 to 8 balls out of the mixture and place them on a lined cookie sheet. Press down on each ball to make out your cookies. These won’t spread too much or change shape while baking so make sure they look good!
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the cookies are golden all around and slightly soft in the middle. Remove from the oven and let cool before removing them from the cookie sheet. Enjoy while they are still warm. They will keep in an air-tight container for a few days in the fridge if you can resist them! Enjoy!
Man, these are amazing cookies! The rims of the cookies are nice and crunchy while the middle is so chewy! I love that they are made from wholesome ingredients and are completely gluten-free. I used mini chocolate chips because they are so cute! Let me know if you try this out!