My gym stocks Complete Cookies by Lenny and Larry … and these cookies are addictive! I mean, you train really hard and then you get to stuff your face with these delicious cookies. It’s a bit counterproductive, but they are hard to resist! Anyways, when I realized they were not particularly good for you (lots of fats and sugars) and had a ton of ingredients (including palm oil), I decided to try and make my own.
I stumbled upon this very detailed recipe and decided to give it a try. I changed it a bit, and I thought I’d share my favourite flavours here.
Here is what you need for 2 big cookies or 4 regular cookies:
- 3 tbs almond flour
- 30 g protein powder (I used Iron Vegan’s vanilla athlete’s blend)
- 2 tbs nut or seed butter
- 1 tsp to 1tbs coconut nectar or maple syrup (depending on your taste)
- 2-3 tbs oat milk
- Birthday cake: 1 tsp vanilla extract + 1 tbs sprinkles
- Hazelnut chocolate: 1 tbsp chocolate chips + 1 tbsp whole hazelnuts (also use hazelnut butter if you can find it)
- Double chocolate: 1 tsp cocoa powder + 1 tbs chocolate chips
- Choco-coconut: 1 tbs coconut flakes + 1 tbs chocolate chips
- Peanut butter – chocolate: use peanut butter + 1 tbs chocolate chips
Here is what you do:
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C).
- Mix all the ingredients for your flavour combination in a large bowl until well combined. You might need to add a bit more milk to make every thing smooth. I found that 3 tbs were good for some of the flavours with dryer ingredients.
- Devide the batter to form 2 or 4 cookies.
- Place on a lined cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool completely (if you can) before eating them. Store in an air-tight containter. Enjoy!
I really enjoyed making these because the combinations you can come up with are endless. Since you are only making 2 cookies at a time, you can easily mix and match the flavours. Let me know if you try this out!