A few days ago, Vegan Richa’s picture of her cinnamon swirl cake showed up on my Facebook wall, and it looked amazing! Of course, I had to try it out. I made a gluten-free batter and divided it to make muffins for a great breakfast-to-go option, and here we are!
I won’t copy out her recipe here, but please visit her amazing blog to check it out. You’ll find my modifications bellow to make it gluten-free. The resulting muffins a super soft and flavourful. They are the perfect partners if you are looking for a break, a pause from the world. Curl up with your favourite book, a cup of tea and one of these muffins to be transported into cinnamon dream-land.
Here’s what I changed:
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk: I used 1 1/3 cups of oat milk instead of soy or almond. I added the 1/3 cup once everything was mixed together because I thought the batter was a bit too thick for muffins. It turned out perfect for 12 muffins.
- 2 cups of flour: I used 1 cup of millet flour and 1 cup of sorghum flour
- I included the 1 tbs of corn starch.
- For the muffins, I placed 2 tbs of batter before sprinkling on some of the cinnamon sugar. I topped each muffin with another 2 tbs of batter and some more cinnamon sugar.
- I baked these for 25 minutes.
I hope you’ll give these muffins a try as they are really yummy and so simple to make! I love that you find the surprise cinnamon sugar layer in the middle. They are not too sweet but just sweet enough. I think they might be new favourites, so try them out and let me know what you think!