Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin! It seems to be everywhere these days, and for good reasons! It’s seasonal, comforting and so versatile. We’ve been having some pumpkin soup every week for a while now, and I don’t get tired of how smooth, sweet and nutritious it is. If you know anything about me, however, you know that I have a clear sweet tooth. So, here come the simplest, most delicious and satisfying pumpkin cookies!
Here’s what you need for 12-15 cookies:
- 1 cup of oats (I used quick because that’s what I have, but use the kind you prefer)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves powder (optional, but really nice)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree (I used a can. Make sure it’s just pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
Here’s what you do:
- Prepare a cookie sheet: lightly oil it. Preheat your oven to 350F (180C).
- Place the dry ingredients (oats, coconut flakes, chia seeds, cinnamon, cloves powder and salt) into your food processor or blender, and mix until you get a smooth powder. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, maple syrup and tahini) to the dry mix and mix until well combined. Mix in the chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds.
- Use one spoonful of the cookie dough and form your cookie shapes. These won’t spread so you can prepare them in any shape you like.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until they are slightly golden. These will be soft when they come out of the oven, so let them rest for 10 minutes before you enjoy them!
I really hope you give these a try because they are delicious and so quick to make. Let me know if you try this recipe out!
2 thoughts on “Simple Pumpkin Cookies!”
They look and sound delicious!
They are! You must try them out 🙂