Strawberry sorbet is the best! Especially right now that local strawberries are in season. They are so gorgeously delicious, sweet and juicy. It’s the perfect summer fruit.
After eating a few quarts just like candy, I felt like trying something different. This is what I came up with, and it is so good! Such a strong strawberry taste, sweet and tart; this is strawberries in a scoop.
Here is what you need:
- 6 cups hulled strawberries
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Here is what you do:
- Process the strawberries in your food processor until completely smooth.
- Place the strawberry sauce in a large bowl and whisk in the other ingredients.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before putting the strawberry sauce in your ice cream maker. Churn according to your machine’s instructions for about 30 minutes.
- Put in the freezer to set completely in an air-tight container. If you find the sorbet too hard for scooping, let the container sit on the counter for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
This is delicious! It is so soft, and the strawberry flavour is incredibly intense! The sorbet is not too sweet, not to tart, just perfection. I am completely in love with the intense red colour: so appealing! We finished the whole thing in a day and could not get over the extraordinary strawberry taste. Anyways, this is the best sorbet I made so far, so try it out and let me know what you think!