I love golden milk or turmeric lattes, and I’m all for adding more turmeric and its anti-inflammatory goodness to my life. However, I have to admit that preparing this delicious drink from scratch every day is too much for me. I was about to give up, when I stumbled upon an instand drink I had in my tea shelf. This gave me an idea, and I decided to try to make my own turmeric paste. After all, mixing turmeric powder, spices and coconut oil should work, right?
Well it does. The result is a thick cream that I keep in my fridge, that is ready to go with a “just add water” quality to it. This is perfect for busy nights as I just use one teaspoon of this golden paste in a teacup of hot water or milk. Instant turmeric latte. Yup.
This clearcly is the answer to all of you lazy cooks (welcome to my corner!) and busy people who need a little bit of TLC (turmeric loving care) in their life. This recipe makes enough for about 2 weeks of daily turmeric drinks and takes 10 minutes to prepare.
Cheers to that!
Here is what you need:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of whole black pepper grains
- 1 quill of true cinnamon
- 5 tbs coconut oil
- optional: 1/4 cup of maple syrup or sweetener of choice
Here is what you do:
- Place all the ingredients in a small sauce pan on medium heat. Mix well. Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to keep a soft simmer going. Let sit on the stove for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and transwer your paste to a glass container with an air-tight lid. Keep in the fridge for 2 weeks.
- To make your golden milk: Heat up the milk of your choice or water and dissolve 1 tsp of the turmeric paste into it. Enjoy!
Because this paste has everything to enhance the availability of the turmeric active agents (fat and pepper), it’s full proof! Adding just warm liquid to this makes it so convenient. It really is the best way I have found to make sure that I drink all of that golden magic. Let me know if you try it out!
5 thoughts on “Turmeric paste: where were you before?!?”
I’m definitely trying this tomorrow. I’m out of coconut oil though, do you think it would work with another one ? ☺️
The fun thing about coconut oil is that it really helps to form a thick paste. I’m guessing the result would be a bit different with another oil, but you’ll have to try and let me know 🙂
I will ☺️
Hi there.I have nominated you for the Unique Blogger Award.Congrats.Check this link out to know more. https://abhajhablog.wordpress.com/2017/07/27/unique-blogger-award/.Bi.
Fun! Thanks! 🙂