Believe it or not, we had never tried scrambled tofu before. Well this week we tried it out and it is really delicious! We paired it up with some wild rice, a tomato salad and some guacamole. It was fresh, filling and really tasty!
What you will need for the tofu:
– 2 tbs olive oil
– 1 clove of garlic
– 1 onion
– 250g of firm tofu
– 1 red bell pepper
– 1 tbs of soy sauce
– ground pepper to taste
– salt, if needed
What you will do:
1) Mince the garlic and onion finely.
2) Heat up the olive oil in a sauce pan on medium-high heat.
3) Cook the onion and garlic until they start to golden and fragrant.
4) Add the tofu to the sauce pan, grinding it in your hands to scramble it into small pieces.
5) Add the pepper and soy sauce and stir well. Taste and adjust to meet your taste.
6) Toss over as if you were stir frying it until the tofu is golden and slightly crispy. It took our tofu 20 minutes to get there. Be patient and stir often to make sure everything gets even.
7) Chop up the bell pepper in small pieces and toss it in when the tofu is ready. Stir well and serve!
I cooked some wild rice, drained it and added one tablespoon of coconut oil to it. I find that this makes the rice fluffy and even more delicious. I also made a simple tomato salad by cutting up some tomatoes, and adding a mix of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and pepper.
Finally I made a simple guacamole by mixing one ripe avocado, one not too ripe deseeded tomato, one clove of garlic, the juice of half a lemon, salt and pepper. The guacamole added a nice touch of color and went really well with this dish.
I will definitively try other scrambled tofu recipes because this one was delicious! I really enjoyed how the crispness. Even my mom liked this recipe, and she is very hard to please!
Give it a try and please share any of your scrambled tofu recipes!