Tonight, I am finally, officially on Christmas break! Hooray! What better way to start the break than to share my newest chocolate cake recipe! Yay!
Here is what you need:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 cups rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups or 250 g of hazelnuts
- coconut oil for greasing the mold
Here is what you need to do:
- In your food processor, grind the hazelnuts until you have a fine powder. If you want hazelnut chunks in your cake, you can put some aside and add them in the food processor when you already have a nice powder. Pulse for a few seconds.
- In your blender or food processor, mix the bananas, maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and milk. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, pour your chocolaty mix, the flour and hazelnuts. With a wooden spoon, mix until all the flour is incorporated.
- Grease your cake mold, pour your cake mix in and put in your preheated oven at 350F. Let cook for 30 minutes or until a dry toothpick comes out clean and dry.
- Let the cake cool before you put the cream on. You can also cut your cake in two to make a layer cake.
This cake is very chocolaty and has a very nice texture because of the hazelnuts.
The cranberry sauce really balances out the sweetness, and the coconut cream adds a little bit of freshness to the ensemble.
Please try it out and let me know what you think!