A few weeks ago, I contacted Manitoba Harvest to know if they would be interested in organizing a giveaway with me, and they were! I have to say I have been a fan of their hemp hearts for a while. These little seeds are packed with protein and have a very mild flavour. This means you can pretty much add them to everything! Mix them up with some nuts and you have a wonderful pie crust, add them to your smoothies for an extra kick, or sprinkle them on salads and soups. I also add them to my overnight oats to add protein. Yum!
I really love this particular brand of hemps seeds because they are Canadian, always super fresh and particularly tender. This makes the seeds very easy to add to any dish that I might be making.
Today, I wanted to create something that was really hemp seed central. If you like fudge, this is the recipe for you! It’s super creamy, rich and chocolaty, without the guilt. It also takes 5 minutes to prepare. What else is there to ask for? Receiving a free bag of hemp hearts perhaps? I got you covered. Read on to find out how you can win one!
Here is what you need:
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup icing sugar (I used coconut sugar that I processed)
- 1/4 cup raw cocoa powder
- 2 tbs coconut oil
Here is what you do:
- In your food processor, process the hemp seeds with the sugar and coconut oil until you have a thick butter consistency. Scrape down the sides often to make sure everything is smooth. This should take about 2 minutes.
- Add in the cocoa powder and process until completely incorporated. The consistency should be thick.
- With clean hands, roll 1 tsp of the dough at a time to form fudge balls. You can also spread the dough in a pan and make fudge squares if you prefer. Keep in the fridge in an air-tight container, and try not to eat them all at once! Enjoy!
This is seriously easy while being seriously delicious! And nutritious too! Hemp hearts are packed with protein, healthy omegas and a good source of many essential minerals. Seriously, these little things are incredible! You should check them out and add them your pantry essentials.
Now for the serious stuff! If you want to win your own bag of hemp hearts and make these delicious fudge balls, here is what you need to do:
- Make sure you live in Canada or in the US.
- Make sure your address is not a P.O. box.
- Like my Facebook page and follow my blog.
- Comment below what you would do with these hemp hearts or what is your go-to recipe if you already love hemp hearts.
I will pick the winner next Thursday and announce it on Facebook, so make sure you check that out! I will also send an email to the winner, so make sure I can reach you. I’m really excited by this as it is the first giveaway I’m organizing, and the prize is so fun! So participate, and eat your hemp seeds!